Over the 2 days you will learn essentials skills and knowledge that will support you towards becoming an independent paddler.
Try out a variety of crafts or just stick with one, whichever suits you best!
Over the 2 day course we will look to develop your skills in single or multiple crafts. Day 1 will be spent at Willowgate focusing on fundamental skills to allow you to paddle effectively and efficiently, as well as being safe on the water. Day 2 will see us meet offsite for a day of exploration and putting the skills into practice.
- Trip planning
- Basic understanding of equipment and appropriate safety equipment
- Forwards paddling
- maneuvering the craft
- Emergency stops
- Self rescues
- Assisting another paddler
- How to attract attention and help
We can also upgrade this to a British Canoeing Paddle Explore Award at the end of the 2 days if you wish (£10 fee cost applies)
- Join one of the local paddling clubs
- Attend a Foundation Safety & rescue training
- Attend an intro to white water or sea paddling course
Keep looking on the website for future dates or give the centre a callBOOK YOUR ADVENTURE
- Shoes for the water (old trainers are fine)
- Swimwear to wear under the wetsuit
- Lunch and drinks